A Transportation company in Portland wanted a reliable truck and trailer weight management system that was easy to install, reliable and affordable. They wanted an app that could provide weight of the truckload to help ensure that loads are transported safely and legally.
There was no easy and cost-effective way for measuring truckload. Also, the fleet managers/drivers didn’t get notified whenever the load carried by the truck exceeded the preset limit.
Biz4Solutions has developed a Bluetooth onboard scale sensor app for our client. This app caters to air suspension trucks and trailers. We have developed an app for this transportation company that has changed the traditional complex and expensive way for measuring the truck load.
AppWeigh, is the Bluetooth enabled scale sensor app that has streamlined the transport operations of our client company. This app calculates the load on truck & trailer. Users can configure the weight of the truck & trailer with the help of sensors connected to the vehicle axles. This app generates alerts which helps user to ensure that the weight of vehicle doesn’t exceed beyond the present limit. It continuously triggers the pressure values from sensor and provides the weight reading through the App.
Mission: Replacing the complex, expensive and traditional load scale measuring methods with a low energy cost effective method.
Reality: Creating a new way for our client to excel in their transportation process and save time & money therein.
- Truck drivers should be able to Calibrate and configure the app for almost all kinds of trucks & trailers – we provided an easy interface to drivers to calibrate trucks & trailers in single click.
- Preserve the load record data even when the app is out of network and sync with the server when network is available – we provided offline functionality in the app such that data is never lost.
- Make it easy to pairing Bluetooth enabled Sensors – we provided an easy and automatic interface for pairing different sensors for different Axles.
- Extrapolate data received from the sensor into shareable and printable format – Readable format data that could be shared on social media.
- Biz4Solutions has developed an app that has changed the traditional complex and expensive way for measuring the truck load. The app has been specially developed to help our client save money and ensure that the weight being carried on trucks is within legal limits.
- Our client can configure several trucks & trailers into the app. One has to manually enter the details of the trucks and trailers like the vehicle’s name, license plate number, etc. Then the user needs to select the number of height control valves and the axle weight limit for the steer axle, drive axle, trailer axles, and so on.
- The user can themselves pair multiple sensors through the app for each axle group and also calibrate the sensors at axles (Steer, Drive and Trailer) for their empty load and full load. The users can see the details and date of last calibration and edit them whenever necessary.
- Once paired and calibrated, the user can get the details such as lbs or kg load on all the Axles, and the weight for each axle is colour coded to indicate safe weight, nearing max weight limit or over max weight limit; The app can keep a continuous track of weight values in real time.
- In case if the mobile goes out of network while the truck is on road, the data will get stored in the mobile local database and it will get synced to the server when it comes back online.
- User can share the details of the truck weight records at anytime through email or other social sharing.
- Ease of use – User interface which is very easy to use by truck drivers.
- Divers can manually set up the Bluetooth sensor with respective truck/trailer axle.
- Drivers can manually calibrate the sensor with the truck/trailer axle through the App.
- Color indicators to indicate safe weight, nearing max weight limit and over max weight limit.
- Social Media integration to share readings through social media sharing options.
- Offline local database for users to save the data whenever offline which automatically gets uploaded to the server when user is connected to internet.